Here are the things that are troubling me at the moment:
- My love is far away, and I don’t know when I’ll see her again.
- My job may well end soon and I’ll be unemployed.
- My older daughter is coming back to live with me again, and I don’t have anywhere to put her.
- Money is getting tighter and tighter.
- I have lost the will to write my fiction. I lost my patience for it.
- I need to get new tires on my car.
Here are the things I am thankful for:
- I have found my true soul mate.
- My younger daughter is going to school and getting better.
- For the time being, everything is okay.
- I have found the meaning of life itself.
That last one might seem a bit bizarre. Can I share it with anyone? No, I can’t, because it would be meaningless to anyone else. We all have a different answer to the question: “What is the meaning of life?” You have to find your own answer, and it will be unique to you.
I think the fact that I’ve found the meaning to life is a major reason I’ve lost interest in fiction.
And, no, I still don’t take myself seriously. I’m just feeling a bit blue today.