- I am getting much better at public speaking, and I had next to no stage fright this time at all. This is a HUGE improvement over the past.
- At the Yard Dog Press roadshow, I did a short reading from my story “It Came From Willy McCracken’s Buttocks” while Melanie did interpretive dance.
- While Melanie read an excerpt from her story, I did interpretive dance.
- Selena Rosen laughed her ass off, which is good, since she is the editor.
- Next day I hosted some panels, yadda yadda yadda, and had a reading at noon. I had my PDA all set up to record it but at the last minute forgot. Ugh! It would have been perfect, as I read some short stuff that seemed to be quite funny, and had everyone laughing. I had intended to post it here, but, alas … it’s not to be. Probably better this way, so as to keep my ego to a more manageable size.
- Bill and I partied hard two nights in a row. When you’re standing next to an entire hotel bathtub full of ice and really good English beer, it’s hard to say “No.” A hangover hung over me on Sunday, Monday, and part of this morning.
- At one point my younger (15 year old) daughter was chilling with me in the lobby, and I was approached to sign an autograph. I thought it was cool that my kid got to see that. Gave her some bragging rights at school.
- Even though I brought my camera, I didn’t take many pictures. I did, however, take some movies. One of Selina Rosen of Yard Dog Press telling a funny story at the bar (about how she’d had LeVar Burton’s manager thrown at her) and another of an author who’d brought a cool robotic baby dinosaur with her, controlled by a relatively sophisticated AI. If people really want me to, I’ll upload these videos.
- That’s about it. Next time I do a public reading I have to remember to record it. And hope that I don’t suck.